Monday, July 25, 2016

I think y'all are going to end up losing faith in me and my posting; but please don't! The last few weeks have gone by like whirlwinds and I have been SO tired from my shots that I just didn't have it in me at night to sit down and blog. Please forgive me! Let me catch you up on our last few weeks....

Kip started his fellowship! Yay! Exciting times, I think. Just kidding. He is A LOT busier though than what I got used to over the last year. But that is totally fine, he is loving what he is doing and that is what is most important!

Three weeks ago, today, Maybelline was playing in the backyard by herself. I had been back there all afternoon with her and when Kip got home, we tried to enjoy some patio time but the mosquitos were awful [despite Kip spraying the yard, citronella candles burning and bug spray on] Needless to say, we went inside. About 20 minutes later, Maybelline comes in and has this big red bump on her back paw. It looked like she had been bit by something




To make a long story short, this is what happened in the next 12 hours.......

And then I cried. And so did she. We went to the vet and he was clueless as to what it could be. For 2 weeks this girl has been a cone head {btw, we ended up getting one that was the correct size for her, the vet quickly informed me we bought one too small} 

Wednesday evening (2 days after the foot incident), I get a text from Kip "Maybelline and I got stung by something in the backyard" and a picture of his arm that was SO swollen. So I raced home. Turned out they were stung by yellow jackets. Everyone got benedryl and a goooood night sleep. Let me tell you though, a dog with a cone on their head makes for a difficult sleeping partner. We have finally graduated from the cone and have now been told that it is a benign tumor on her foot and it will go away on its own

Saturday, I had an ultrasound and blood work. When I left, I called Kip to see what he wanted for lunch. I should have known. Whole Foods pizza. So I went and decided to make myself a salad. I made a huge salad that I was really excited about, until I reached the salad dressings. Normally, I go with a healthier dressing; but not there. I LOVE their ranch dressing. Guess what. NO RANCH. My eyes begin to develop some pretty major tears. I cut it off. I went to the pizza counter, "excuse me, do y'all have any ranch in the back?" "I don't think so, but I'll check........... no, we are out" again, tears are coming. I walk over to the produce department and was going to buy a jar of ranch. NO RANCH!!!!!!!!!!! THE ENTIRE STORE WAS OUT OF RANCH DRESSING. Tears, they were coming...."get a hold of yourself, you are in a grocery store and it is ranch dressing, DO NOT CRY" .....my poor husband. He deserves a trophy for the last few weeks. Every time my emotions got the best of me, I would apologize and tell him it was just the meds (even if the trigger of my emotions didn't concern him, I felt the need to apologize) and his reply was always "it's okay my Madi-loves, thank you for what you are doing for us" I'm telling you, not sure what I did to deserve him :) 

Monday, egg retrieval day FINALLY!!! I felt like I had bowling balls rolling around in my uterus. They were able to retrieve 13 eggs, fertilized 8 mature ones  and then called daily to update us on their progress. On Saturday, we learned that a total of 7 biopsies were taken. We had 6 embryos biopsied and 1 that didn't hatch but they still biopsied. Tomorrow, our little samples will reach the lab and I'm guessing we should know something hopefully by Friday! 

Now, the coolest part. During my retrieval, Kip sat at this huge glass window at the lab and someone inside would hold up a finger count for him of how many eggs they were getting. And then, he got to watch them fertilize them!


I am just amazed, even after already going through this twice before at what technology can do. And how smart are these doctors and embryologists!? 

So, I was pretty much been even keel through the stimulation as far as my expectations and what not. I didn't really think about it much, really. But this past week, and especially the last few days, I have found myself getting these little bursts of excitement. And then, I tell myself to bring it down a few notches and I am trying to just remain cautiously optimistic. Tonight, I had a whole roller coaster of emotions hit me at once. I felt peace, anxiety, fear, excitement, wonder, praise, begging, and calmness all within about 1 minute. I want to trust my feeling. I want to trust that this is it! On instagram, I follow @trustgodbro and the last few days, I REALLY feel like He has been sending messages straight to me. I can't get the pictures to work to show you, so I will tell you....  "Pray.Trust.Wait" okay, doing that! Next one...."Your miracle is closer than you think. Keep trusting God." trusting! And last..... "Heavenly Father, let my prayers be in line with your glorious plan for my life" Not gonna lie, feeling pretty good about this over here. Tonight in my prayers, I prayed for strength (well, I pray for that everyday) but I prayed to be able to handle whatever the news may be if it is not good again. As much as I would like to say I wouldn't feel crushed, because we are sort of used to this now, I'm pretty sure I will feel somewhat crushed

So! please, continue praying for us. I've said it before but I will say it again, we feel them! That is the ONLY way that I know I am getting through these past few years. Because I know that I alone don't have the strength to be as strong as I have been without all your prayers. I walk through the hospital and people tell me they have read my blog and they are praying for us and so are their spouses or I talk to friends and they are praying for us, as well as their family member's bible study, I get Facebook messages and comments "praying for y'all" and y'all, it brings tears to my eyes to know all of the people who are rooting for us. THANK YOU! 

Stay tuned, hopefully I will be reporting some HAPPY news at the end of the week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment