Saturday, July 30, 2016

Well, Friday has come and gone and no call from the lab. They didn't receive our samples until Wednesday so hopefully Monday we will hear some news. And I think I'm excited? That leads me to this post.......My nurse, Lori (who, by the way, is SO sweet. She just looks like she would be an IVF/baby nurse. Don't ask me why, she just does) ....sorry I majorly digressed. Lori informed me that it was time to start taking the next round of meds. Eeeekkkk!!!!! They highly encouraged it at the doctors office because they are confident we will have a healthy one to transfer.....

I debated quite a bit on this one on Friday. Do I get on board with them and be confident and start taking the meds before we know if this is "a-go" or do I put it off for another month and wait to see what the results are. I was mostly thinking about emotions and the possibility of making a difficult thing even harder. But you also have to consider the financial side of this stuff. When Kip got home that evening, we discussed it and in his words, we decided to "just go for it! Let's just try something different." Ultimately, he wanted to make sure that I was okay putting my body through something else, but I was sort of happy to hear him say that he was on board because I wanted to be on board. I was just scared to be. It is so scary to take a big leap and be so confident feeling, when I'm so scared to put my wall down and get excited about the potential of actually having our baby. We are all feeling pretty good about this but that is SO scary! I have felt good about a pregnancy in the past... and it didn't turn out with a good ending. And that has happened more than once. That makes it REALLY HARD to trust that "good feeling."

And then, yesterday morning, I woke up and read this......

Well, there we have it. So, this morning, I woke up and ate some cereal, . You and a brownie too, but I can justify. You see, multiple of the medications said to eat with food and since I don't really like breakfast food (I know, shun me now) I figured I better put a little extra something on my stomach and not eat just cereal. I took 4 pills this morning and administered an estrogen patch to my love handle for the next 3 days. And then I will put another one on my other love handle and so on until they tell me to stop. Or until we receive the opposite news that we want to hear. Not only do I have an estrogen patch on, I'm also taking an estrogen pill. And a baby aspirin. And 2 others that are not part of the normal regimen, because, why would I do anything normal!? I can't remember if I told y'all or not, but during one of my ultrasounds Dr. Yalcinkaya found that I have unideal blood flow to my uterus. Therefore, I'm also taking vitamin E and trental which should correct the problem. SO, here is where I put out my prophylactic "I'm sorry." I have NO idea what I will be like with all of this estrogen floating around in my body. I pray I don't turn into a monster. I'm going to try REALLY hard to not be one

Maybelline is OVER me sitting on the sofa and typing this out. She is doing her version of a tantrum and wanting me to come outside with her. Keep checking back for an update on hopefully some really exciting news!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment